We all managed to sleep til 6:15 this morning. Breakfast went the same as yesterday. Q ate a few peanuts and 2 yogurt drinks. We met our guide and travel buddies in the lobby at 9 and went on shopping excursion to walmart. I forgot to bring my camera, but probably a good thing, considering I got scolded in the airport for photographing the roast duck. (I guess you just pick up a bag of roast duck and eat it while waiting at your gate?)
We had to start on level three of walmart. We found some cheap toys, books, sneakers, crocs. Then we took the cart on the flat sloped escalator to the second floor where Q happily threw all kinds of goodies into the cart. We ended up with three large bags of necessities :)
We finished before our travel partners so we went in to KFC and let me tell ya, this child knows his way around a French fry and ketchup! We have had best luck with western food with him. He did eat a large bowl of ramen type noodles back at the room.
The boys are napping now. I waited up to send some laundry to be washed. I did the delicates in the tub, so I hope they dry quickly. We have been trying not o have the A/C too low in the room, because Q is not used to it, but I broke down and turned it down a degree this afternoon.
I think we may try out the pool this afternoon. I heard it is really cold and you have to wear a swim cap. Apparently they will lend you a communal cap, but thankfully, I had prepared for this and bought us some before we left.
Q gave us a bit of trouble settling down for nap. I think he is feeling more comfortable and testing some limits more. I think we may order pizza again tonight. I have not been real impressed with the hotel food, and have not had any recommendations for eating elsewhere. I think I may end up eating more pizza in these two weeks than I have all year!
No comments:
Post a Comment