Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Finally, an update!

Oh that Maryland background check! Rhett called on it last week and was told it was processed on the 10th. Great, so it should be here the 16th for sure right? No. He called a few more times and got nothing but voice mail. On Monday he tried again and finally convinced the lady to fax it in. She was cranky about it, but did it. So we got our completed homestudy via fedex on Tuesday.

We had our USCIS form all ready to go. I ran to the Credit Union and got a cashier's check for the fee. Then I thought I would be smart and drive the thing over to Lewisville and save a day since it is so close. I was a little concerned when the GPS told me I had arrived at my destination somewhere under an overpass. So I drove to some buildings a little further up the road and after much looking around found the place. But then I was told I could not hand deliver it. Why? Why can't I courier it for myself? So, it was a waste of time, and poor Camden was in desperate need of a nap. I drove back to Frisco and sent it overnight. Hopefully it will get there today, but who knows how long it will take to process it. A month or two. Our next mini step will be to get appointments to be fingerprinted.

1 comment:

Keith & Leslie said...

We received some wonderful ornaments for Christmas along with a card to follow your blog. Your journey hits close to home as we got back from China with Isabel three years ago this week. Our journey was chronicled at http://vesperfamily.blogspot.com/. We with you all the best and will enjoy following your journey!

Keith Vesper
texves@aol.com