Saturday, February 12, 2011

Still Waiting...

Just an update to let you all know we are still waiting. We managed to get through the icy streets and have our fingerprints done on the 3rd, so we were very grateful for that! We are waiting on approval from the Dept. of Homeland Security for determination of suitability to adopt a child from a convention country. We will be receiving an I797 form in the mail. It is looking like the wait is between 8-10 weeks from receipt of your application, so Monday will be 8 weeks for us. Then we need to copy that, notarize the copy, state certify it, and authenticate it. Then, we will finally have all of our documents together that need to go to China. We sent the bulk of our Dossier to our agency last week so they have it and reviewed it. Then our dossier is sent to China and we need to wait for them to review it and log it in, then we will get a LID-Log in Date. Then we wait for LOA-Letter of Acceptance. It is the official notice that we are paired with a child. And that could take another 2 months or so. After that, more paperwork, but I won't skip too far ahead.It is hard to wrap your head around the whole process, you kind of have to focus on the step you are currently waiting in. I just wanted to try to explain a little more. I have had a lot of questions, I don't know if this helps or not!

1 comment:

Rhett Saunders said...

Ugh, I was wrong, Monday is only 7 weeks!